Recent News Items
More news in the E-edition of The Banner, available each week on Wednesday for paid subscribers. A subscription to the E-edition is $13 for one year. For just 25 cents per week you can support your community newspaper and keep it locally-owned and operated. For breaking news and news between print publications, please follow The Banner on Facebook and Twitter. You can submit your local news item here.
•• South Henry School Board to Meet Jan. 5
- The South Henry School Corp. Board of Trustees will meet in executive session on Monday, Jan. 5, at 6 p.m. The purpose of the meeting is to hear allegations of misconduct by a school employee, independent contractor or student. The board will also discuss records classified as confidential by state or federal statute. A special session, open to the public, will follow at 7:15 p.m. The meeting will take place at the school corporation’s office, located at 6972 S. St. Rd. 103, Straughn.
•• Kennard Changes First Meeting Date
- The Town of Kennard has announced it will be meeting the first Thursday of each month at 7 p.m. in 2015. Meetings will take place at Kennard Town Hall, 100 N. Main St. Due to the holiday, the Kennard Town Board has rescheduled its Jan. 1 meeting. The first meeting of the year will take place on Jan. 8 at 7 p.m.
•• Greensboro Blood Drive Jan. 10
- Greensboro United Methodist Church will host the Indiana Blood Center’s Blood Mobile on Saturday, Jan. 10, 9 a.m.-12 p.m. Those who plan to donate should bring photo identification. For more information, call Roxie Dalton at 765-686-5207.
•• Mounds S.P. Painting Class Jan. 10
- A landscape painting class will take place at Mounds State Park on Jan. 10. The class is open to people of all skill levels. It runs from 2 to 4 p.m. at the nature center. Step-by-step instructions will be offered by Park Place Arts, an Anderson business. Participants will begin with a blank canvas and end with a landscape painting of trees. A $30 fee applies and includes all supplies and refreshments. Ages 12 and older are welcome. Advance registration is required by calling 765-374-6030. The park is at 4306 Mounds Rd., Anderson..
•• Shirley Raising Money for Caboose Restoration
- The Shirley Historical Society is raising money to restore a railroad caboose and purchase a motorized rail inspection car. The items will be placed near the Shirley railroad depot. Donations may be sent to Joan Cupp, P.O. Box 407, Shirley, IN 47384.
•• Our Bits & Pieces page shows many of the local regular meetings and other common information.