PAID SUBSCRIBERS - Find out how to get free classified ads here.
For others wishing to take out a classified ad online, please click here.
_______ GARAGE SALES _______
• GARAGE SALE - Friday, Oct. 2, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. and Saturday, Oct. 3, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. 7627 S. County Road 975-W. Name-brand clothing, home decorations, bikes, dining room table, and miscellaneous.
_______ FOR RENT _______
• FOR RENT - 2 BR half double. New carpet and paint. Stove and refrigerator furnished. W/D hook-up. Central air. Nice backyard. 322 S. Madison St., Knightstown. $595 per month. 317-727-2978.
• FOR RENT - 3-room office, 14,000 sq. ft. warehouse or manufacturing space with inside loading dock. Also, 5,000 sq. ft. warehouse or small manufacturing space. 118 W. Morgan St., Knightstown. Shown by appointment. Mark Tompkins 765-571-0627.
• CARTHAGE MANOR APARTMENTS - 28 Manor Drive. Now Leasing 1 Bedroom Apartments. Now accepting applications for income ineligible. Apartments temporarily being rented to all residents without regard to income. Specials include 1 month free rent upon payment of your security deposit. Rental assistance available. Rent based on 30% of your income. Laundry facilities, Community Room. Call 765-565-7157, TTD/TTY Section 8 and HUD Vouchers accepted.
• KNIGHTSTOWN ACADEMY PLACE APARTMENTS - Senior Citizens 62 Years or Older, Disabled (regardless of age). Beautiful one and two bedroom apartments for immediate occupancy. Loaded with amenities. Laundry facilities, Community Room, Elevator and Intercom Entry. Rent starts at $310 (based on income). Gorgeous historic building in a great location. Call Dawn (765-345- 7789) or Susan (800) 968-1792. Equal Housing Opportunity. TDD 800-649-3777.
_______ FOR SALE _______
• CHARLYNN DESIGNS CARDS are now available online (http://shop.charlynndesigns.com/) and at the Artistry Annex in New Castle (1501 Broad St).
• FOR SALE - 3 Glen Cove Cemetery lots. 765-345-5743 or 317-696-6166.
• FOR SALE - OAK, CHERRY, HICKORY cabinet doors. All sizes. $8-$16. Located in Shirley. Call 317-326-8484.
_______ HELP WANTED _______
• EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY - The Town of Knightstown is seeking applications for a Full-time Police Patrolman. To be considered, applicants must meet the following criteria: be a United States citizen, be at least 21 years of age, be a high school graduate or have received the equivalent, possess a valid Indiana driver’s license, be of good reputations and character, not have been found guilty of any offense except for minor traffic violations, be of good appearance and personality, possess an aptitude and attitude for police work, be in good physical condition with no infirmities except for corrected vision, and if discharged from the military, applicant must possess an honorable discharge. The applicant must either be an ILEA graduate or be able to successfully complete an ILEA basic course. If already an ILEA graduate, must be in good standing with the Indiana Law Enforcement Training Board. Preferred qualifications would be for an applicant have former police experience, be an ILEA graduate and live in the Knightstown area. The hiring process may include: a testing phase, which will be both physical and written, a background investigation and criminal history and driver’s record checks. Applications can be picked up at the Knightstown Police Department, 24 S. Washington St., and must be returned by Thursday, September 10, 29015, at 8 a.m. Applications will be on file for one year.
• REGULAR & SUB BUS DRIVERS - Class B CDL with Passenger, School Bus & Air Brake Endorsements, Pre-Employment Drug Testing, 7 Year Driver’s License Check, & National Background Check. Send resume, interest letter, two reference letters, and CAB application (available online at www.cabeard.k12.in.us) to: Charles A. Beard MSC - Dawn Hardy, HR ~ 8139 W US 40, Knightstown, IN 46148. (Email: email@example.com / Phone 765-345-5101 / Fax 765-345-5103)
• HELP WANTED - New Lisbon Telephone Company - Sales and marketing representative for local telecommunications company. Full time position with benefits. Local travel required. Must be able to call on customers and sell services. High School diploma required. College degree preferred. Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• HELP WANTED - Looking for qualified applicants for commercial lawn maintenance. E-mail inquiries to email@example.com.
• McDONALD'S KNIGHTSTOWN - Now hiring crew and management. Competitive pay. Free and discounted meals. Scholarships. Advancement Opportunities. College credit for paid training. Flexible scheduling and much more! Apply in person at 6190 State Road 109 or online at https://mylocalmcds.com/knightstown-in/.
• CGS SERVICES INC. NOW HIRING - Full-time Class A or B CDL Drivers needed for Local Trash Routes. Insurance, 401K and uniforms provided. Year-round. Steady work. Call 800-453-5575 or go to www.cgsservices.com.
• DRIVERS - ALL MILES PAID! Hometime, take our truck home! Many $$$ Bonuses! 1yr Class-A exp call Karl's Transport: 1-855-200-7107, x115.
• DRIVERS - Local Flatbed-Home Nightly! Indianapolis Openings. Great Pay, Benefits! CDL-A, 1yr Exp. Req. Estenson Logistics Apply www.goelc.com or 1-855-561-7645.
_______ CHILD CARE _______
• CHILD CARE - in my home. CPR and First Aid certified. Reasonable and dependable. 765-345-7284.
_______ SERVICES _______
• AUCTIONEER - For all your auction needs: real estate, personal property, estates. Hawk Auctions & Appraisals. C.A.G.A. certified. Devin Hawk - 765-524-5642.
• RENT IT - Rent all your lawn and garden equipment at Tweedy Lawn & Garden Center, 100 S. Perkins St., Rushville. 765-932-3981 or 800-441-5550.
• DOG or CAT GROOMING - $25 for full groom, large dogs, matted or specialty grooms may be a little more. 905 W. South Dr., Knightstown. Call 614-917-9964 to schedule an appointment.
• GARDEN TILLING - plowing and driveway grading. 765-571-2278.
• FRED ZEILINGA EXCAVATING - Septic systems, top soil, gravel, stone. Call 765-565-6702.
• VAIL’S CONCRETE - Commercial and residential. Free estimates. Fully insured. 765-623-2593. 40 years experience.
_______ REAL ESTATE _______
• Looking to sell your home? Advertise it in The Banner!
_______ WANTED _______
• WANTED - Lawns to mow. Call Paul at 765-571-1018. Reasonable.
• CRANEY'S - Now paying cash for: Cars & Trucks -- Farm Machinery -- Copper & Brass -- Insulated Wire -- Aluminum Cans -- Batteries -- Unprepared Steel -- And Much More! Call or stop by for prices. 2 S. Market St., Carthage, 765-565-7188. Hours: M-F, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Sat. 8 a.m.-noon.
_______ NOTICES _______
• NOTICE - Legal and public notices can be published in The Banner, a newspaper qualified by the State of Indiana to publish such notices. The Banner can often publish such notices much cheaper than other area newspapers. Call 765-345-2292 for more information.
• GO TO PUBLIC NOTICES page for current and archived legal ads
_______ OPPORTUNITY _______
• LOCAL VENUE RENTAL - Weddings, Receptions, Corporate and Family! Beautiful historic venue with sanctuary ballroom and rural outdoor ceremony site available for rent or complete event packages. Call 765-561-5473 for special local rates and quality services. www.therighteousoaks.com
_______ REWARD _______
• none posted at this time
_______ LOST & FOUND _______
• LOST DOG - White-headed with black 1-year-old Dachschund, missing from Knightstown area. Dog is deaf. If found, please call Elvis at 765-571-1689 or Lindsay at 765-571-2095.
_______ FREE _______
• FREE - Stacks of peg board that are small and irregular sizes, masonite boards approximately 16’x15’, cement blocks. I need all of this removed asap. Call 765-987-8265.