PLEASE VISIT OUR SPONSORS
earning your business everyday
New & used vehicles with a full line service & parts dept. Call 765-932-2447 or 866-576-7874 or visit us on the web for more info.
open 7 days! dine-in or carry-out
PIT STOP PIZZA & PUB
Open for breakfast at 6 a.m., Mon-Sat. Steak special Fri-Sat. Daily homemade meal specials. 711 N. Main Street in Carthage. 765-565-6078
body repair experts
KNIGHTSTOWN COLLISION CENTER
Call 765-345-5380 for info/quote or visit us at 221 W. Main Street
Please refer to our Sports Archives for more links or hit your "back" button to go to your previous page.
Royals Hall of Fame Criteria Outlined
January 7, 2009 - The Eastern Hancock High School Athletic Hall of Fame is established to recognize and honor the achievements of those making outstanding contributions and that have brought positive recognition as players, coaches, teams, or in supporting roles to Eastern Hancock athletics. The Hall of Fame recognizes contributions to all current and former high schools in the current Eastern Hancock school district (Charlottesville, Westland, Wilkinson, and Eastern Hancock).
• All those selected for the Eastern Hancock High School Athletic Hall of Fame shall have brought positive recognition to the school. They will have demonstrated outstanding character during their career and during the time since they have left Eastern Hancock.
• Must be a graduate of Charlottesville, Westland, Wilkinson, or Eastern Hancock High School.
• Must have graduated at least 7 years prior to his/her selection.
• Must have earned at least 2 varsity letters at the eligible high schools.
• Made outstanding contributions during his/her tenure as a coach at Charlottesville, Westland, Wilkinson, or Eastern Hancock High School for a significant number of years.
• Should have a waiting period of at least 5 years since retiring or leaving the school system.
• Teams bringing exceptional recognition to the school may be recognized as an entire team. These would be teams going above and beyond typical levels, such as sectional champions or higher, those with record setting seasons, or reaching significant milestones for the first or only time in school history.
• Teams will have a 10 year waiting period from the season being recognized before becoming eligible.
• This category recognizes other individuals or groups not qualified as athletes, coaches, or members of teams that have shown devotion to or brought recognition to Eastern Hancock athletics over an extended period of time. These contributions would be over an extended period of time and would typically extend beyond those recognized as winners of the Loyal Royal award.
• The selection committee will consist of the Board of Directors of the Royal Athletic Booster Club (which includes the high school athletics director), high school principal, and 3 varsity coaches, with both boys and girls sports to be represented.
• If a member of the selection committee is presented as a nominee, they will not be eligible to participate in the selection process.
• Nominations will be solicited during the fall and early winter sports seasons.
• Nominations will be sought by inserts in the high school sports programs, announcements at athletic events, posting on the school website, and news releases in the Greenfield Daily Reporter, Knightstown Banner, and other places designated by the Royal Athletic Booster Club Board of Directors.
• A biographical sketch of each nominee must be sent, along with the nomination form, by the nominator.
• Nominations will be due to the Royal Athletic Booster Club by January 10 of each year.
• The selection committee will be presented with all nominations and make their selections no later than January 20.
• A 2/3 majority of the voting members of the selection committee will be required for selection to the Hall of Fame.
• A press release with the names and biographical information of those selected will be prepared. The release will be forwarded to local media and media in the area of residence of each inductee.
• Induction of members into the Hall of Fame will take place at halftime of a home varsity basketball game between January 20 and the end of the season.
• Once nominated, an individual or team will remain on the active list for consideration for a period of 5 years, after which a new nomination form would need to be completed. Number of Inductees:
• There are not a set number of athlete inductees. However, the Hall of Fame recognition should be limited to those that have made extraordinary contributions to Eastern Hancock Athletics. The coach, team, and special recognition categories are limited to one inductee each per year.
Copyright © 2009 Knightstown Banner, LLC - The Banner, PO Box 116, Knightstown, IN 46148 (765) 345-2292