Knightstown Banner Online

Search The Banner Online


earning your business everyday
New & used vehicles with a full line service & parts dept. Call 765-932-2447 or 866-576-7874 or visit us on the web for more info.

open 7 days! dine-in or carry-out
Open for breakfast at 6 a.m., Mon-Sat. Steak special Fri-Sat. Daily homemade meal specials. 711 N. Main Street in Carthage. 765-565-6078

the caring professionals
Two locations: 7355 S. State Road 109, Knightstown (765-345-7400) and 3406 S. Memorial Dr. in New Castle (765-529-7100)

Call 765-345-5171 for info/quote.

body repair experts
Call 765-345-5380 for info/quote or visit us at 221 W. Main Street

parts for mowers
Call 317-462-1323 or visit us on the web for more info

a family tradition since 1898
Funeral services, monument sales. 130 S. Main Street in Wilkinson. Call 765-781-2435.

Banner News

Please refer to our News Archives for more news links or hit your "back" button to go to your previous page.




 Still Time for Voter Registration

July 25, 2007 - Persons wanting to register to vote in the November 6 elections have until Tuesday, October 9, to do so. To be eligible for voter registration, one must be a United States citizen at least 18 years of age by November 6, who will have lived in his or her voting district no less than 30 days before the election. Anyone currently in prison for conviction of a crime is not allowed to register to vote.

The following questions and answers about voter registration are provided by the Election Division of the Indiana Secretary of State's Office:


Q: Where can I register to vote?

You may register to vote by applying at a variety of places: your county voter registration office or circuit court clerk office, any license branch or public assistance office or other sites. You may register to vote in Indiana by mail on a simple, pre-addressed card that you can pick up at public libraries, license branches, local school corporations with public secondary schools or local government offices. Mail-in registration forms are also included with Indiana income tax return forms.


Q: How do I register to vote?

You only need to fill out a simple form that asks for name, address, birth date and a voter identification number (see explanation below). You will also be required to check boxes on the form to indicate that you are a U.S. citizen, and will be 18 years of age on or before election day. The voter registration form requests some optional information, such as your telephone number and e-mail address. The form also asks you to list any previous name or address you have used on a former voter registration so that these records can be updated. You must then sign the form.


Q: Am I already registered at the address where I currently live?

You can call your county voter registration office (Henry County, (765) 529-3000; Rush County, (765) 932-4522) to find out if you are currently registered to vote at that address. You can also check your registration online at


Q: What do I do when I move?

You must file a new registration application. Check address change and fill out all the information, including your previous address. You can use a mail-in form or do this in person at any county voter registration office. It is important that you do this so that we can cancel your old registration.


Q: What if I move right before an election?

If you move in the last 29 days before the election, you may still vote. To do so, contact your county voter registration office. If you moved more than 29 days before the election and did not change your registration before the deadline, you will not be eligible to vote at your former address unless you qualify to do so under special procedures. Contact your county voter registration office for more information.


Q: When will I be registered?

Once your voter registration application is received, your county voter registration office will process the application and determine your eligibility. If you are eligible, the county office will send you a voter registration acknowledgment card. Once you receive that card, you will be officially registered. If you are not eligible, or if the application was incomplete, you will receive a notice denying the application or requesting the missing information. If you have not received a voter registration card or a notice from your county within about 30 days, call your county voter registration office.


GO TO JULY HEADLINES PAGE                                                                                              TOP OF PAGE